Planning a party can be an overwhelming event. Don't put everything off until the last minute. Check out our step-by-step plan to ensure you're ready for the BIG DAY!
Four to six weeks before the event:
- Choose a theme.
- Make a guest list
- Pick a date and time.
- Decide if it will be indoors or outside.
- Decide if you will have it at home, go to a park, or pay for a hall.
- Decide on the day’s activities; what time to eat, what games to play, what crafts to do, etc.
- Order your party supplies; including favors, decorations, wrapping paper, tape, plates, plasticware, cups, and piñatas.
- Order your entertainment; get written receipts and read those contracts. (i.e. music and dj, magician, clown, farm animals, balloon bouncer, etc.)
Three weeks before the event:
- Send out an invite or invitations; asking for RSVP’s by a certain date and time.
- Go over directions for the games and make sure you have everything.
- Go over directions for the crafts and make sure you have everything.
- Go out and purchase anything you may be missing for games and crafts.
- Solicit help from family members and friends. (i.e. clean up, games, taking pictures)
Two weeks before the event:
- Confirm your helpers can still attend and what their duties will be.
- Pick out prizes for games and wrap them.
- Order the cake.
- Confirm your entertainment. If this is an adult party, hire your babysitter.
One week before the event:
- Purchase food and candies.
- Make up the goodie bags based on confirmations.
- Prepare the crafts and games.
One day before the event:
Prepare your foods ahead of time. If anything can be cooked and reheated, now is the time. In the evening, when everyone is in bed, clean the house and set up the party spot. (If you rented a hall, you can usually ask to get in the night before, provided they haven’t a morning event. If you are going to a park, you’ll just have to wait till the morning of the event, sorry.)
Day of the BIG DAY!
- Pick up the cake.
- Blow up and set out balloons four hours before the event.
- Shower, get dressed, ready the kids.
- HAVE FUN!
Week after the event:
Send out thank you notes to all the helpers and those who gave gifts!
Now go get 'em tiger! Cheers! 🎉🍾🥳